If spicy, numbing flavours are your cup of tea (or painful guilty pleasure), you’ve come to the right place.
This spice mix has become a pantry staple of mine, and it’s easy to make and easy to store. And as an extra bonus, you can chuck it into many things for that extra spicy kick.
Sichuan Pepper Spice Mix
- Mortar and pestle, or
- Food processor
- 1 tbsp Deep-fried garlic chips
- 3 tbsp Dried birds eye chilli
- 1 tbsp Green Sichuan peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Red Sichuan peppercorns
- ¼ tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ground white pepper
- 1 tbsp Rock salt
- Grind everything together until it becomes a coarse mixture (as seen in the middle of the image)
- Store in an airtight container and use as needed
So far, I’ve made the following dishes with this spice mix, and the list is still growing!
Click on each image below to take you to the individual recipe.
Recipe coming soon!